The Pursuit of Happyness

“It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that ?”

–Christopher Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness

It is a dream come true for me.

When I first saw the movie In Pursuit of Happyness,  I fell in love with the character Chris Gardner. He is one of the best examples of perseverance and hard work.

I wanted to meet him in person.

Last week, because of Ohio State University, I talked with him, I shook his hands and also took a photo with him. It was a dream come true for me.

Chris Gardner came to OSU to give a lecture. He was every word true to his character. He told everything about his life. He answered questions for the audience and at the end signed books for his fans.

Before he got in to his car he told me something that I will remember throughout my life –  “Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. All right?”