Hilarious professor email

Long weekends are great.  I was able to practice Finance and catch up on some of the reading I was unable to do last weekend because I was in Cincinnati for the Bengals game.  Well as it turns out, long weekends are also helpful when you are trying to nurse a black eye.  Although my eye is looking better, it is not going to be normal looking for at least another five days.  As a result, I decided to email my professors to tell them that I have a black eye and that I hope it won’t be a distraction in class.  What resulted is one of the funniest emails I have ever received from a professor…

————————————————–

Dear Professor,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a pretty nasty black eye that doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.  I was accidentally elbowed while playing basketball in the gym on Friday afternoon with several classmates.  I don’t want this to be a distraction in class tomorrow, so here is a heads up.

Best regards,

Joe Fahrendorf

————————————————–

2 minutes later…

————————————————–

Joe,

Yikes.  If you wanted to cover this up, you could always pull off the eye patch.  If you go down this route, I’d recommend a turtleneck and a blazer to compliment the look.   That said, looking like a villain from a James Bond movie may be more distracting than just having a black eye.

See you tomorrow.

————————————————–

This was not the response I expected.  I would actually try the “villain from a James Bond movie” look, but I think the black eye alone will be funny enough for my classmates.

5 Responses to “Hilarious professor email”

1. 1 Jyotisko Sinha January 19, 2010 at 12:51 am

Ha ha ha! Good one. I am sure the professor is Neeli.
    Btw, I dont know whom to trust. Some of the folks were telling me that you went to a party and there some chick punched you hard on your face and thats how you got the black eye. I will prefer to believe your version. :p

2. 2 Joseph Fahrendorf January 19, 2010 at 1:10 am

Haha. No – it was basketball. John Horvath specifically. I was at my teammate’s (Alison Guzman) party over the weekend and we staged a few photos of her hitting my eye so that I would have a better story than just “some 30 year old accidentally elbowed me while playing basketball.”

3. 3 Joseph Fahrendorf January 19, 2010 at 1:11 am

Also, the Professor was not Neeli.

4. 4 Shawn January 20, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Was it Dr. Gray? Seems like his humor. Also, a picture of the shiner would be an excellent addition to your next post.

5. 5 Joseph Fahrendorf January 25, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Shawn – it was actually Prof. Lount. I don’t have any good pictures other than the one Nick Fischer included in his blog about why he doesn’t play basketball anymore. Fortunately, all the MBA students play basketball together so there is actual proof that we are getting hurt on the basketball court and aren’t in some sort of underground fight club. With that said, I think I’m retiring from the sport after the IM season.