Statistical Reflections on my my First Quarter: Time

Picture 2For the last year I have been using a new social networking site called Daytum.com which allows individuals to track and share statistical information about themselves. Because I am an information design nerd I really enjoy entering my data everyday and looking at trends over time. One of the stats that I track on myself is how  many hours I spend a day doing different things. To the left you can see a copy of the chart daytum generated showing my time doing things from the first day of Fisher Orientation (September 9, 2009) to the last Fisher Event (a marketing hop to Cincinnati on December 11, 2009). The most shocking thing that I noticed is that I spent way more time doing school related activities (clubs, class, studying, job search) than sleeping. I spent 755 hours (31.45 days) doing school related things… while I only got 576 Hours of Sleep (24 days), a difference of 179 hours! Averaged out on a per day basis since the beginning of orientation (and including weekends) I have spent 8.25 hours a day working on school while only getting an average of 6.2 hours of sleep a day.  Needless to say… it has been an interesting quarter. Next up on my statistical analysis: The clothes that I have worn over the  last quarter and how business casual I really did dress!