Statistical Reflections on My First Quarter: Dress

For those of you have read my last post, I am very interested in data and have been documenting daily statistical information about myself since January 2009 through a new social networking site called Daytum. In my last last post I analyzed a chart that showed how I spent my time during the first quarter, now I want to look at how I dressed during the last quarter. For many peoplePicture 3 going back to graduate school is a chance to relive their glory days as a sweatpants and hoodie wearing roustabout who could go from bed to the lecture hall without so much as a shower. However this is business school which means that occasionally we have to do something business-y or at the very least business casual-y which means that rather than sweatpants and hoodies, there would be plenty more suit wearing and business casual khakis. After looking at the data from the first 93 days of school (including weekends) I realized that I dressed up quite a bit more than I thought. Yes I did wear 108 t-shirts, but undershirts are included in that number. What I found more interesting is that I wore a tie 66 times over that period, more than a third of the time. I also wore my trademark business casual accoutrement, the sweater-vest, 63 times over the period. As the owner of 12 sweater-vests and based on the logic that I wear them an equal number of times, this means I wore each sweater vest 5.25 times over the last quarter. Also on an interesting note, I wore a suit only 10 times. I thought being in the MBA program would require a great deal of suit wearing (so much so that I bought two new suits at the beginning of the year) but really it seems that I wore one less than once a week. According to my data I also wore 3 costumes sometime during the last 93 days… so I guess it goes to show that Fisher is not all work and no play!