Echoes from Fisher MAcc, 2010 – Shalabh Gupta

This week I will like to introduce you to one of the brightest minds in the MAcc programme. He is Shalabh Gupta. He has an undergraduate degree in accounting from Illinois State University. He is an amazing cook and loves dancing to bollywood movie songs.

Over to you, Shalabh.

salabh1

Enjoying the Indian Culture in Uncle Sam’s land

Most of the students at Fisher say that almost all of their time is spent studying. While this is true, there are a lot of other things to explore in the city of Columbus, the only thing required is time management and a will to experience new things. I have been fortunate enough to get a few opportunities already in the short span of a month to enjoy the amazing Indian culture.salabh2
There are a lot of things you can do. There are plenty of Indian temples in the area that one can drive too. I have personally been able to go to a Gurudwara (a Sikh Temple) and a Jain Temple. Besides that, I was also able to celebrate Navratri (a festival where you dance the two beautiful dance forms of ‘Dandiya’ and ‘Garba’) with some friends in Dublin. I had no idea before coming to OSU that this area would be so diverse with so many opportunities providing variety of experiences.
I am trying to get out once in a while exploring other opportunities that Columbus has to provide. MAcc is a nine-month program which does not give me a lot of time. However, I am trying to make the most of it. Within a month I have done quite a bit, so I am sure that if I organize myself and try to make some time for such things I can get a lot out of this city.
It is turning out to be a great experience and I advice everyone to comes to Fisher to take some time to get out and get to know the city you are in. If anyone needs more information about some of the things mentioned above, get in touch with the Indian Students Association at OSU (http://isa.org.ohio-state.edu).

3 Responses to “Echoes from Fisher MAcc, 2010 – Shalabh Gupta”

1. 1 Shalabh October 23, 2009 at 12:12 am

Thanks Jo for the lovely intro you gave me :-) However, I think it would be more appropriate to say that I love to listen to and sing songs rather than dance, although I pretty much suck at all of them. As far as being one of the brightest in the MAcc program, I would let other be the judge on this.

2. 2 Manru October 23, 2009 at 11:08 am

Yes you are!! Nice entry Shalabh! Have you noticed that I am also hosting a blog here? You are welcome to come often and leave some comments!

3. 3 Jyotisko Sinha October 24, 2009 at 8:14 am

You are welcome Shalabh. I have seen you dance ,dude. You do good. Next time we will get your song recorded and put it in the blog.