Autumn: apples

Fantastic fall foods for feasting...Last weekend a small group of Fisher students went out to a local apple orchard to pick apples and rejoice in the fall.  Of course, it is impossible to capture the beauty of that day (especially after a series of cold, rainy days), but what I can tell you is that it was picture perfect in every way!

Lynd’s Fruit Farm is an orchard and in my opinion, a “general fall extravaganza” in Pataskala, OH, just north east of Columbus.  It was a little difficult to find at first, but after a short drive we arrived to an intersection of orchards and kettle corn in the beautiful Ohio countryside.

Malika and Rob kicked the morning off right with a tour of the big tent filled with fall decorations, squash, gourds, cider tastings, jams and preserves, honey and fruit butters, and of course… a diverse selection of apples. Once out in the orchard, Scott and Ryan sought out the very best from each tree and enlisted Elsie in the process. TEAMWORK!

Malika and RobScott, Ryan and Elsie picking apples

As the morning drew to a close and the afternoon was quickly upon us, many had team meetings and projects to get back to…  Fortunately, I came home with Honeycrisp apples, spaghetti squash, apple cider and mulling spices, and another wonderful memory of good times with my Fisher friends. Today’s beverage of choice – Lynd Farm’s Apple Cider… delicious!The Author - Melissa

2 Responses to “Autumn: apples”

1. 1 Quinn October 15, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Where’s the closing cocktail recipe? I know, you’re busy with school and carving pumpkins, so I’ll help:

The Bad Apple

2 oz blended Scotch whisky (my pref is Johnnie Walker Black)
    4 oz apple cider

Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled glass.
    Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

2. 2 Melissa McConnell October 21, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Thanks Quinn, I needed that. :)