IKSKE

To all those wondering, no my title isn't gibberish.  It was actually the topic of my first presentation in "Enhancing Professional Interchange" (EPI).  EPI is basically a speech class.  I know that most people fear public speaking but I was actually excited to hear that we were required to take this class because I know there is always room for improvement.

So back to the title...During class, Prof. Ankerman posted a bunch of gibberish words on the board and we were asked to give a 30sec presentation on one of the words.  I was one of the last people to go and as others presented on the words I was planning on talking about, I found my mind racing to come up with what I was going to say.  Ultimately, I think I said something to the effect of it being a new invention that actually made time travel possible, blah blah blah.  Next we gave our 2min persuasive talks that we had been working on.  I think mine went okay.  I talked about why PE class should be an integral part of school.  But as usual, I talked too fast.  This is a really bad habit that I've had since birth but towards the end of my speech, as I got more comfortable, I found myself slowing down.

One would think that after an undergraduate education in architecture where I was forced to present daily that I would be a pro at public speaking but this is not so.  And so, I am looking for some helpful criticism and tricks to become a better speaker.....I'll keep you updated on how it's going...