Interview Season

After today, the MAcc program is definitely in interview season. I had my first interview today, and I think it went pretty well. I have a couple more interviews scheduled this week, so I will definitely be busy! The Fisher program has been fantastic assisting me in setting up interviews as well as all the assistance program participants were given preparing for interviews. Fisher is really a recruiting hotbed, it has been extremely easy to make contact with recruiters.

The Fisher career fair was this past week, and was well attended by some of the biggest firms in the world, as well as the Big 4, and a good amount of regional accounting firms. This is a marked difference from my undergrad university, where our career fair included one government firm looking to possibly speak with accounting majors. I have really had a fantastic experience so far, and look forward to going to class every day.

The work has definitely picked up relatively quickly, but the group work is a lot more enjoyable, knowing everyone I work with is hardworking, as well as extremely capable and knowledgeable.

I promised I would include some of my significant others perspective, so here goes.

Sarah’s Say
Hi all! My name is Sarah Shepherd, and I am Kyle’s fiance :) (It’s still fun to say it!) It’s hard to believe that we’ve been here for almost a month, and that I’ve been working in my first big kid job for just as long. I started looking for work hereĀ  in April once Kyle and I had decided for sure about Ohio State, and it was not the most pleasant time of my life.

We moved from the DC area, where I was finding HR job after HR job that I was qualified for, to the Columbus market where I didn’t find an HR job I was qualified for for nearly 4 months. Luckily though, I found a position at DISH Network in Hilliard as an HR Associate. So far I’m loving it, and will include some Columbus job search tips in my next bit. Great to meet y’all!

1 Response to “Interview Season”

1. 1 Nadia Evstiounina October 12, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Sarah,

I heard about the pie plan, and I support it fully.

Nadia