New Washer and Dryer

While, they were new to us at least. Sarah’s parents drove in from Richmond to visit (8 hours through VA and WV mostly,) and we decided since they had the truck here, we should try and get a washer and dryer. Just to preface, we have the hook-ups for a washer/dryer in our house, we just hadn’t bought one yet, and had been using an awful laundromat down the street.

Laundromats are not particularly fun places to be. One has to keep feeding the machine with quarters, it is a huge waste of time to just sit there etc. So Sarah and I started looking. We started on the Craigslist.org appliance section, and struck gold almost immediately. There was a guy who lived in Victorian Village (just south of campus) that had moved into an apartment that came with a washer/dryer already included.  To make a long story short, Sarah and I are now the proud new owners of a brand new (to us) washer and dryer, for only $220. We are pretty excited we never have to go back to the laundromat.

We also decided a couple weeks ago to adopt a puppy. Her name is L.E. pronounced Ellie. She is a Beagle mixed with something, we are thinking either Basset Hound, or Dachshund. She is about 12 weeks old, and weighs about 8 pounds. She is an awesome little puppy, and loves being around us. The crate training isn’t 100% done yet, hence the dire need for a washer/dryer : )

On the career path, things are going well. Deadline’s have already started expiring on Fisher Connect, which is Fisher’s online career portal. I have applied for quite a few positions up till now, and all the networking I have done through Fisher has really paid off. I have already been accepted for one Big 4 interview, and one regional firm in the coming weeks. I am definitely excited to get the interview process started.

GO BUCKS!

4 thoughts on “New Washer and Dryer”

1. For these reasons, especially you have a dog to walk, I’d personally forgive you for unintentionally missing our first meeting, with provision–bring this little group member #6!

2. Kyle, I think I might just have to move in with you and Sarah, because the laundry facilities at my place are really creepy.

3. Nadia, that way your cats can fight (or “play” just to make it look less violent) with Kyle’s pup too =)