Why Fisher?

After graduating this past spring from The University of Findlay (small private university in Northwest Ohio), I had a very difficult decision to make about where I wanted my career path to go.  To complicate things, I accepted an offer to work full-time as a cost accountant at Guardian Automotive Industries well before considering the MAcc program which made choosing between the opportunities I was later presented with all that much harder to choose between.

After randomly deciding to take the GMAT based on a recommendation from a friend; I decided to apply to the MAcc programs at Ohio State and that school up north after it was recommended by a professor at UF (as a die-hard Buckeye fan who has never lived outside of Ohio, I’m still shocked that I considered attending that school up north so heavily).  After being accepted at each institution, I visited each school and felt much more comfortable with the environment, weather, people, parking situation, location… and of course the sports teams at Ohio State.  The administration at Fisher showed me that they were genuinely concerned about every student and I felt very comfortable with the atmosphere.

After graduation, I knew that I would have a difficult decision between staying at Guardian and going back to school.  During my short time at Guardian, I was exposed to a wide variety of accounting tasks and learned a lot about what it takes to be a successful cost account.  After a great deal of deliberation, I ultimately chose to go back to school based on the countless opportunities and resources that I will have access to at Fisher.

I’m looking forward to a great year in the MAcc program!