So it begins…Really

Welcome, to my blog!

Well, it has been hell of a time! Almost 3 weeks now in the US, things have been great. First of all the MBA 2011 finished their ‘orientation’ last week, which I hope was summed up by the background song played through a video showing stills from the Summit Vision, ‘I don’t scare easy’. I guess Prof. Wruck had a message in there.

Summit vision camp:

• Weeeeaaah! Thats what most people sang the whole day zipping and jumping and falling from great heights.
  • Brought the teams closer, nothing better to build trust than to just put your life in someone’s (or the 5-6 odd people trying to lift you and pass you through the smallest of webs) hands and exploring life beyond the ‘zone of comfort’.
  • All in all great fun, never thought would have zip-lined or jumped off the ledge on the giant swing.

Consulting Boot Camp:

• Really covered all there is to consulting in depth and had industry perspective.
  • Good networking opportunity.
  • Had 2 amazing sessions with great professors. Prof. Barney and his hot-dog business, you have to have to try a hot-dog at Barney’s. And what can I say about our mission impossible man Prof. Ogelvee. Talk about being creative, one of the best presentations I have ever seen.

New year’s party:

• Full of fun.
  • Lots of alcohol.
  • Met one of the most intriguing personalities that you can meet on any given day. A frenchman who taught ‘english’ in China, talk about being cosmopolitan.

Well, that was all last week. This week started with pages and pages of reading to be done before classes begin tomorrow. I had to actually spend over 3 hours to make sure my schedule was in place and I didn’t miss anything important. The iPhone comes in handy again. (FYI: I am unofficial salesman for Apple, you’ll hear more soon enough).

The quarter starts tomorrow and I am very excited. Over the course of the quarter I’ll be sharing my perspective on life at Fisher, so stay tuned.

2 Responses to “So it begins…Really”

1. 1 Parvez September 23, 2009 at 9:53 pm

‘New year’s party’ in September? Maybe its the ‘alcohol’ talking!

2. 2 Nikunj Poddar September 25, 2009 at 12:26 am

No man, it’s the new academic year which just started this week. Hence new year’s party.