The soundtrack to my life contains…

In my undergrad days my mind would invariably play “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen as a tribute to every classmate who announced an upcoming departure from the architecture program, or simply stopped showing up for class. It seemed sad at first, but then I too became a “drop-out” (though I did actually graduate with a BSArch), and now I’m feeling pretty good about my decision.

My path to where I am today isn’t exactly something I’d describe as straight and simple: I was born in the Republic of Moldova back when it had a slightly different name and was still part of the USSR, moved to the suburbs of Pittsburgh when I was eleven, moved again to study architecture at the University of Cincinnati, got married, interned at two local architecture firms while working on my degree, took a year off after graduation, reassessed my situation, and, finally, dragged my husband with me to Columbus after I found out about my acceptance to Fisher.

Since the move I have been busy preparing for the first day of classes. I participated in the six-week Pre-MAcc program to complete some pre-requisite work which would have taken much more time and money to fulfill through quarter-long courses at UC. I also finally learned how to ride a bicycle, because the Olentangy River Trail runs right past my apartment, and provides a very fun and convenient way for getting to campus (it’s going to be even more fun once my knee heals, and the memories of washing skid marks off my teeth and picking gravel from under my skin go away). Tomorrow I’ll be attending the MAcc Bootcamp event, and the day after that school is finally back in session. Yay?!