Back to School

This title can mean 2 things:

1) Our break will end officially in two days.  I am eager to take on my classes, at the same time, I am also anxious about the career fair the following Tuesday and all the interviews thereafter (fingers crossed, pick me pick me).

2) I finished my undergraduate five years ago and worked in the IT consulting industry for about four years. Toward the end of that career I was dragging my feet to work every morning and thus began searching for a new direction. After a series of events, I decided that I need more formal education, particularly in accounting, in order to succeed in the business world. Therefore, I’m going “back to school”.

At the beginning of the application process I was confronted by a hard decision: MBA or MAcc? I ended up picking MAcc (for reasons that I’ll save for another topic) and I applied to a number of schools, namely Texas, USC, Vanderbilt, Indiana, and of course, Ohio State. I received admissions from several of them, but this time it was a rather easy decision. OSU’s innovative MAcc program itself and the people I was in contact with totally won me over. I expect many of you prospective students be in touch with Rob, and you’ll see what I mean.