SGIP Testimonials

Meet our Summer Global Internship Ambassadors below and contact them to hear directly from a student who completed the program in Summer 2017!

Garrett Colburn, Marketing, colburn.42@osu.edu

“Choosing to do an internship abroad was one of my best collegiate decisions. I had great experiences in the business world and enjoyed a life experience that few get to have.”

Lauren Sahfeld, Marketing, sahlfeld.2@osu.edu

“This past summer, I had the privilege of spending two months in Sydney, Australia working as a marketing intern for a technology start-up company. Between the actual workplace, countless adventures, and the sheer fact I was living on the other side of the world, it was truly one of the best experiences of my life.”

Stephanie Saccogna, Accounting, saccogna.2@osu.edu

“My experience was great. It was full of adventure, stepping out of my comfort zone, and being an adult.”

Amanda Conaway, Marketing, conaway.71@osu.edu

“I laugh to myself thinking about those first couple of days where I was a visitor in a place I was so unfamiliar with. But now I am able to walk through London feeling like it is my home away from home.”

Lauren Conaway, Marketing, conaway.72@osu.edu

“Students should do this program because for me this opportunity completely changed my perspective on the business world and just my life in general. Being in London taught me more about myself and what I want for my future and I think every student should be able to get the chance to go abroad.”

Nick Repasky, Accounting/Logistics, repasky.27@osu.edu

“My experience was exceptional. I have experienced an amazing culture and a unique location within the world which was far different than anything that I have done in the past.”

Meghan Xiao, Accounting, xiao.343@osu.edu

“New York City is such an amazing place. There are so many areas to explore. I definitely recommend a Fisher student to intern in NYC.”

Tiffany Sheer, Logistics, scheer.33@osu.edu

“Being that I have interned through the program in both Spain and Singapore it has truly given me a worldly look into the business world. Each culture is extremely different and you don’t truly learn that from reading it in a textbook.”

Roy Spencer, Economics, spencer.659@osu.edu

“Overall, this has been one of the most rewarding summer experiences I have ever been a part of! From traveling to several different Asian countries to my workplace that has taught me boat loads of information and to the friends that I have made here, I don’t think this experience could have been more rewarding.”

Brendan Carney, International Business, carney.211@osu.edu

“Working for Airbnb has been phenomenal opportunity, and being  in a friendly, easy to commute city has been great. I believe what I have been able to do both professionally and socially far outweigh the cost.”

Bridget Petro, Marketing, petro.36@osu.edu

“I had an unforgettable time experiencing working and travelling abroad.”
Emily Rings, Human Resources, rings.43@osu.edu

“What I loved the most about interning in Spain was being exposed to a culture that I have been learning about for seven year in my Spanish courses. I was able to see things that I have learned about and was able to practice speaking Spanish with locals which was very fun.”

Alexandra Jackson, Marketing, jackson.2609@osu.edu

“Coming back home, I realized the surplus of benefits I had from participating in a summer internship through Fisher. I was able to meet new people, make great connections, and try more food than anyone could imagine! It also gave me real life experience in marketing that I can use in the classroom. If you are thinking about going on the Summer Global Internship Program, GO! I cannot tell you exactly what to expect, but I can tell you that your experience will be worthwhile and you will not regret it.”

Tori Miller, Human Resources, miller.7826@osu.edu

“This trip has helped me experience a part of the world that I have never been exposed to and made me realize that I can’t imagine never coming back here in the future.”

Office of Global Business

The Office of Global Business at The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business offers a wide variety of study abroad and global project-based learning programs.