Une soirée seul (An evening alone…)

A quick update from Sherehan:

“Tonight, I went solo…..found a restaurant overlooking the river, with a wonderful view, yummy food and a great atmosphere.  Salad, dessert and a fine Riesling later…. my “soirée” turned into an enchanted evening filled with harmonious melodies!  Turns out, there was a concert at the Lyon Confluence, so obviously, I stayed to experience it with the wonderful people of Lyon.

The Razowski restaurant in Lyon Confluence

Razowski is inspired by the delicacy of Eastern Europe.  The restaurant’s name is rooted in that of a Polish boxer who managed to escape thanks to his sports career.  It is a tribute to people as courageous as the founder of Razowski.

Inside Razowski        

1                                                            

View from the terrace

2

With a view this magical, I was left to wander in my thoughts and felt an overwhelming sense of serenity.  A much needed relaxing evening with beautiful melodies from amazing artists, the music filled the air and emotions overcame me.  Sometimes, it is absolutely wonderful to be left alone and experience the world untainted.  I allowed myself to be a woman who emphasizes a life of passion expressed through personal style, leisurely pastimes, charm, and cultivation of life’s pleasures… better known as quaintrelle!

As expected, the food was trés trés delicious!  The menu is very American, with burgers, nuggets, fries and brownies; I forgot I was in France.

My Salad Entrée                                                       

3

Dessert… YUMMY!!

4

Finally… the cherry on top à The Concert

Artists Lili Road (opening act) and Pep’s (pictured below)

Pep’s sang his infamous Libertà song (the crowd went wild) and how can they not, it sounds even better live.  With a simple guitar, Pep’s relied on the amazing acoustics of the Confluence.

“I just wanna be free in this way…Just wanna be free in my world

Vivere per libertà…Vivere nella libertà”

My evening alone was perfect!”

– Sherehan

5