Summer Internship: JPMorgan Chase & Co

This past summer, I had the privilege of working at JPMorgan Chase & Co. as a Summer Associate for their Chase Associate Program (also known as CAP). CAP is JPMC’s leadership rotational program for MBA candidates and graduates. JPMC directly recruits Fisher MBA candidates, with recruitments starting as early as September. This summer, we had six Fisher MBA candidates working at the JPMC Polaris office in Columbus, Ohio. It definitely made the experience extra special knowing that I had friends to go through the summer with.

My experience was beyond amazing! First and foremost, I was floored by the overwhelming presence of the Fisher alumni at JPMC. Of course, the Columbus office was the most represented; however, we had Fisher MBA alumni in various locations, from New York City to Chicago and New Orleans. The fact that so many Fisher grads have come before me made navigating not only the company but the summer associate program more manageable. Right off the bat, I had a great network that I was able to tap into.

The program lasted for a total of nine weeks. Our first week was concentrated on training. All the MBA summer associates gathered in New York City to meet other associates, learn more about JPMC as a company, and network with CAP alumni and senior leadership. During that week, I was able to meet other MBA candidates from the five CAP locations: Columbus, Plano, Wilmington, New York, and Chicago.

The following eight weeks were dedicated to immersing ourselves in our office locations. I got to work at JPMC’s Consumer Banking Fraud Risk Management. I specifically chose the risk department because I knew that it would heavily touch upon strategy, legal, and compliance—the perfect combination for my JD/MBA degrees. Not only did I have an amazing manager who gave me a project relevant to my skill set, but I also was assigned a CAP mentor that had a similar professional background as I did. We also had scheduled networking events throughout the summer to meet either other CAP associates and their managers or CAP alumni within our locations. Additionally, we had summer speaker events where executive leaders, like Jamie Dimon, get to share their experiences and provide an overview of the firm.

Overall, I cannot speak highly enough of my experience at JPMC. It was further bolstered by the fact that I had an Ohio State/Fisher network to go to.