New Beginnings

Hi everyone, my name is Salma! I am a first-year Full-Time MBA candidate at Fisher. I can’t believe it is already Autumn 2021, and I am starting the program. It seems like only yesterday when I started my application for Fisher. Additionally, it feels like no time has passed when I first stepped on the oval during my Freshman year in 2014. Being back on campus has been a nostalgic and invigorating experience. I am very excited to venture on a new academic and professional journey.

I grew up in Columbus and I have not branched outside of my bubble. Therefore, I plan to take advantage of the plethora of opportunities offered at Fisher to expand my comfort zone to grow professionally and individually. It has been only a couple of weeks into the program and there are several virtual and onsite planned events; diversity conferences (National Black MBA conference), career fairs (Fisher Career Fair). Not to mention the vast number of Fisher student organizations offered. These resources are not only beneficial with internship search but will also build social networks and create lasting relationships.

Even though I spent four years at The Ohio State University, the northern side of campus is still new to me. I have already come to enjoy the academic discussions at Gerlach Hall and social outings at Varsity Club. I plan to passionately use these next couple of years in business school to my personal and professional growth!