MAcc Fall Reception

As a way to celebrate the end of our semester, the Fisher MAcc program hosted a MAcc Fall reception for us the Friday after our last classes, and it was a very festive event! The MAcc Fall reception at the Faculty Club consisted of a cocktail hour, dinner, and speeches. This event was an excellent opportunity to bring students, faculty and staff together one last time before the holiday break! I even had the chance to mingle with one of my professors from undergrad.

I enjoyed the cocktail hour of the event because it was a great opportunity to mingle and say hi to all of my classmates, some of whom I may not have seen recently and will not see for a while. It was bittersweet time to say bye to all the students who are a part of the KPMG program and will be heading off to their internships next semester. Some of us had gotten very close over the semester and will miss their presence in the program. (They'll be back at Ohio State in summer semester 2020.)

After the cocktail hour, we enjoyed a dinner buffet and listened to Dr. Zach give a speech that had us all laughing as he wove some of his classic jokes that he had told throughout the semester. Additionally, we had a guest speaker who was a prior OSU MAcc student. It was really neat to listen to her advice about how to handle the MAcc and post-grad life as she was in our exact shoes, just two years ago.

After the reception, to continue celebrating being halfway done with the Masters program, we all headed over to one of our friend's apartment to hang out and relax. Then after a while, we all decided to go and explore the nightlife in downtown Columbus to say goodbye one final time. I wish all the KPMG students the best of luck with their internships, and we will all truly miss them next semester!