I went to class, which was fun … seriously!

It is hard to believe that another week has gone by! The MLK Day of Service on Jan 16 was fulfilling, and our project (raising campus safety awareness) even made the local news.

I enjoyed catching up with those I had not seen over the long weekend in classes this week. Like last quarter, I am definitely enjoying my classes. On Thursday I was talking with my roommates and mentioned “I had fraud class today, which was fun.” Then, as usual, I thought about the fact that not everyone knows that “fraud class” is actually the very legitimate AMIS 861, Fraud Examination. In addition to that clarification, I wanted to clarify the fact that I was not being sarcastic in stating that class was fun! We analyzed a vendor information list, came up with a list of suspicious vendors, and then used invoices to determine which company was likely the fraudulent company.

In my services marketing class, we discussed the different strategic positioning of various ice cream companies. That was certainly fun as well! Classes have covered fascinating and beneficial material, and as scheduling for my last quarter of classes approaches, I know there are going to be more classes that I want to take than there will be room in my schedule. It is such a blessing to truly enjoy classes!

5 thoughts on “I went to class, which was fun … seriously!”

1. If you think fraud class is something wait till you take AMIS 894.32 – International Financial Reporting Standards. -Vimi

2. It’s always great when classes are enjoyable to attend. I’ve had plenty that made me want to fall asleep. Lol. Fraud Examination sounds like an interesting class. It’s like you get to be a detective 🙂

3. Thanks Vimi! I am registered for an IFRS class next quarter 🙂
    Mitch, that’s exactly what it is like! It’s fun to be a detective with a lot of friends in a safe classroom environment!