Speaking and Sharing

This past week, I thoroughly enjoyed hearing an impressive variety of speakers. The Fisher network is excellent! In my logistics class, two speakers from a large logistics company spoke about transportation decision-making. In my accounting research class, one of the three required classes in the MAcc program, we were fortunate to have Jim Leisenring speak to us. He was a director at the Federal Accounting Standards Board and member of the International Accounting Standards Board as well.

Last Wednesday marked the first MAcc Speaker Series event, during which we enjoyed learning from Donald Kimble, the Chief Financial Officer of Huntington National Bank. That same day, one of our professors allowed us to ask him any questions we had about the accounting profession. We spent over an hour being enlightened on topics from work-life balance to what it was like to be a partner at Arthur Andersen.

I am thankful for the willingness of such fascinating people to share their knowledge and am grateful for the opportunity to learn from them!

1 Response to “Speaking and Sharing”

1. 1 Nii November 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm

When i was researching schools, one thing that drew my attention to fisher was the fact that the program (MAcc) helps you develop critical thinking skills. I must say that Fisher has lived up to its promise!!!