Fisher Social Life Outside of Class

It has only been a couple of months in the program and I already feel like I gained so much knowledge in a short time from taking the MBA core classes. The MBA program has been both challenging and an endearing experience. The semester has come into motion with midterms, social events, and internship recruiting. I have taken a couple of midterms and finished with Block A classes. Internship recruiting has begun with applying and attending information sessions offered at the Fisher Office of Career Management. It is easy to become overwhelmed and discouraged with grades, assignment deadlines, and internship rejection. Which is why it is important to balance academics with social activities. To blow off steam, a few weeks ago, I attended my very first OSU football game with my classmates and cheered on the Buckeyes in The Shoe. It was especially exciting to view the marching band perform during the halftime show. The comradery in the student section during OSU football games is a unique experience that I challenge every Buckeye to attend!

My goals for the obtaining the MBA are to gain character and leadership building experiences that I will be able to transfer to my professional role post-MBA.

When I started my application for the program, I knew I wanted to get involved with student organizations to be better connected to the Fisher community. There are over ten student organizations offered here at Fisher. To gain information about the programs I was interested in, I attended the Virtual Graduate Student Organization Fair and spoke to student board members. It was an casual and informative process to learn about the student organizations offered here at Fisher. Student organizations are a great opportunity to network with Fisher alumni and gain memorable experiences with classmates. I attended a social event with the Fisher Graduate Women in Business at Land Grant Brewing in Franklinton. It was a fun opportunity to socialize with my cohort outside of class. It was beneficial to network with second-year students and hear about their summer internship experiences. Fisher AMP (Association of Marketing Professionals) hosted a Q&A panel with second-year students to discuss their summer internships. It was also a great opportunity for first-year students to ask questions pertaining to internship search and recruiting. I learned advantageous practices to answer case interview questions and how to gauge company culture. I am looking forward to attending more student organization events planned this year and interact with the Fisher community!