TAS-The Advancement System (Blackbaud)
TAS (Blackbaud) is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software package used by The Ohio State University Foundation. Within Fisher College of Business, the Office of External Affairs uses TAS for alumni relations. This centralized database allows University staff from administrative offices to track and update information on college contacts with individual alumni, recruiters, business partners, executive education participants, and other important friends and colleagues.
TAS also allows the University to track and analyze information on companies and institutions. All University staff using TAS access the CRM via the web.
There are five types of users. Access to TAS is controlled by the Ohio State University Foundation and is granted after the successful completion of training for the appropriate level of access given.
- Uses TAS to search records and input contact notes.
- Can perform limited queries.
Data Entry Staff (Amanda Davis)
- Manage demographic updates for University constituents.
- Perform queries and other administrative tasks.
- Update individual records with pertinent details as necessary (e.g. volunteer status).
Event Manager (Tami Cox and Amanda Davis)
- Set up events in TAS to display on the Fisher website.
- Manage reservations within TAS.
Email Administrator (Amanda Davis)
- Plan communication flows to certain contact groups.
- Facilitate event communication to attendees from invitation to thank you.
TAS Administrator (Carol Sharp)
- Staff within ITS with additional access and accountability for TAS issues.
Who is responsible for TAS data?
The University Foundation is responsible for all data and the integrity of the data within TAS.
Getting Help with TAS
- Contact the Foundation ITS helpdesk (email@example.com) which will route the service request to the appropriate TAS support person. They will assist you with questions about using the software, entering changes into the system, etc.