Talisma is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software package used by Fisher College of Business. This centralized database will allow college staff from administrative offices to track and update information on college contacts with individual alumni, recruiters, business partners, executive education participants, and other important Fisher friends and colleagues.
Talisma also allows the college to track and analyze information on key companies and institutions. Fisher staff using Talisma can have the client installed on an office computer or a laptop using a VPN.
Who uses Talisma
- Basic User (several per office)
- Uses Talisma to search records and input contact notes.
- Data Entry Staff (usually one per office)
- Manages contacts and leads to specific programs or offices
- Perform address and personal information updates for contacts
- Perform queries and other administrative tasks
- Event and Campaign Manager
- Set up events or information sessions in Talisma to display of the Fisher website
- Plan communication flows to certain contact groups
- Facilitate event communication to attendees from invitation to thank you
- Talisma Administrator
- Staff within ITS with additional access and accountability for Talisma issues
Who is responsible for Talisma data
Each office is responsible for the Talisma lead records they own. For example, if a recruiter's contact information is added to Talisma by the Career Management data entry staff member, Career Management is ultimately responsible for the integrity of that data.
Please note that data entry staff in other offices are able to change contact information on common contact records, so data entry staff should always check to see if a new contact is already in the system. For example, since many of the records in Talisma are alumni and donors data entry staff in other offices should always check to see if their contacts are already in Talisma and create a new lead from that record.
- Use the build-in Help feature provided by Talisma software.
- Contact the ITS helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) which will route the service request to the appropriate Talisma support person. They will assist you with questions about using the software, entering changes into the system, etc.
Yes. Most contacts with the college are with individuals, and Talisma data reflects that fact. But the value of a Contact Relationship Management (CRM) software package like Talisma is the ability for Fisher staff in various offices to know how other college offices are interacting with a company or organization in order to fully leverage all the relationships of the college and the organization.
The primary offices using Talisma have identified nearly 400 important companies and institutions to track in Talisma. Of these organizations, 90 have been identified as VIP organizations. Each of the primary Talisma offices has committed to collecting and updating additional data on these VIP companies on a regular basis.
If you are a Talisma user, check to see if the contact is already in the system. If not, you can create a new contact and lead record. If you are not a regular Talisma user, give the contact information to the data entry staff person for your office. That individual has received additional training on Talisma; such as preventing duplicate entries in the system and the correct process for adding new contacts to the system. Once the contact has been added — if you are a regular Talisma user — you can add "notes" to the contact at your convenience.
Students can be set up with limited permissions in Talisma. The integrity of data for confidential records is essential to the success of Talisma for all the offices at Fisher. All Talisma users must take appropriate training to have access to the system. Also, because any changes to Fisher alumni records feed directly into The Ohio State University's Alumni/Development Information Systems (TAS), additional training is required for the sole data entry staff member for each Fisher office. Except in rare instances, staff are the only authorized personnel allowed to change records in Talisma.
Data is systematically input into Talisma on a daily basis from both the Student Information System (SIS) and The Advancement System (TAS).
- Check the included Talisma help documentation, including data entry guidelines and the most recent FAQ.
- Contact the ITS helpdesk (email@example.com) with specific questions.
The Director of your office should contact the ITS helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) via e-mail with the name, position, office location and other pertinent information (whether they are a basic user or whether they will be a data entry staff person for the office). The new Talisma user will also need to be trained to use Talisma before they are allowed access to the system.