FisherConnect - Student Guide
Go to http://fisher.osu.edu/offices/career-management/fisherconnect/ to log in.
- Alumni: Click on “Alumni Login” and enter your username and password, or register for a new account if you do not have one.
Forget your password? Choose the “Forgot Password” tab on the log in screen.
- Currently Enrolled Students: Click on “Current Student Login” and enter your OSU credentials: name.# and password.
Forget your password? Go to http://my.osu.edu to reset your password. This will reset your password across all Ohio State systems that use name.# as a log in credential. If prompted to complete a form after attempting to log in, contact email@example.com instead of registering.
Navigate the Homepage – Home tab
- View announcements, system alerts, and send questions and feedback to the FisherConnect manager.
- Quickly advance to other sections of FisherConnect using shortcuts.
Build a Personal Profile – My Profile tab
- Review your demographic and academic profile and complete any missing information. Most information is pre-populated from the Student Information System.
- Go to the Privacy sub-tab to choose to be a part of an opt-out resume book; this makes you searchable to employers (see the Document Library for more info).
Store and Retrieve Key Documents – My Documents tab
- Upload resumes, cover letters, transcripts, writing samples, or other supporting documents.
- Update your Portfolio sub-tab to include information you would like employers to see about you.
Learn More – Resources tab
- Career Explorer taps into the Department of Labor’s O*Net site to give you additional info about industries and career families.
- Check the Document Library for helpful items related to using FisherConnect.
Find a Position – Jobs tab
- FisherConnect Job Postings are those posted by the Office of Career Management; NACElink Network are opportunities pulled in from a job aggregator. These employers and jobs have no direct relationship to FisherConnect.
- You’ll see all positions posted in the Buckeye Careers Network; this includes position postings from other colleges. Use the “Posted By” filter to help isolate opportunities posted by FisherConnect.
- Create a Search Agent to automate searches you perform on a regular basis.
- Create a list of favorite opportunities.
Research Employers – Employers tab
- You’ll see all the employers who have an account in FisherConnect as well as in the entire Buckeye Careers Network. Find employers by keyword, industry, location, or A-Z index.
- Create a list of favorite employers.
- View contact information for recruiters that have agreed to publish their info to students.
In-Person Opportunities– My Interview Schedules tab
- View requests from employers to interview you (applicable only for On-Campus Recruiting positions).
If you are unsure whether or not a position you applied for is an on-campus recruiting position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure you’ve completed the QUIC program so you can interview on campus.
- Confirm request to interview and schedule a date and time .
Attend Career-Related Events – Events tab
- You may be able to view workshops, info sessions, and career fairs that are NOT sponsored by FisherConnect or the Office of Career Management. Be sure to RSVP!
- This may not be a complete list of events you’re eligible to attend, so be sure to review http://fisher.osu.edu/offices/career-management/events/ for more info.
Manage Important Dates and Personal Events – Calendar tab
- Browse upcoming events by day, week, month, or year.
- Maintain your own personal event calendar.
Need Further Assistance?
Office of Career Management
Fisher College of Business
The Ohio State University
150 Gerlach Hall
2108 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210-1144