Internship Services for Employers - Fisher Futures
The students who have been accepted into the Fisher Futures Investment Banking Program at The Ohio State University are among the brightest of our finance majors who have demonstrated an appetite for hard work, strong analytical ability and an intense desire to work in the investment banking industry.
Fisher Futures is an initiative that was designed to identify high ability finance majors with an interest in investment banking. The students must meet a set of academic criteria in order to apply and then go through a 6-month selection process that includes:
- Writing an essay about their interest in investment banking
- A personal interview with a panel of Fisher staff
- An assignment designed to showcase their analytical abilities
- Reading two books about the industry and writing a summary reflection on each
- Completing Wall Street Prep, web-based financial modeling certification process
- Doing informational interviews and attending presentations designed to increase their knowledge about the industry
After successfully completing these tasks, a final interview will determine if the student is selected into the program. Once a part of the Fisher Futures Investment Banking Program, the students take a class and are coached by Fisher staff to prepare for the demanding investment banking industry.
- The Fisher Futures students have been exposed to numerous investment banking professionals in order to better understand the industry and role of the investment bank, as well as recognize many of the challenges that come with being an analyst.
- Not only have the Fisher Futures students demonstrated a history of strong analytical abilities, they also have been trained in some of the specific skills required for investment banking analysts - financial modeling, valuation and writing..
- The Fisher Futures program is designed for only those students who are passionate and committed to the investment banking industry. These students attend many sessions outside the classroom and are required to complete weekly reading, writing and analytical assignments.
The Fisher Futures Program Works
“The Fisher Futures program works because it identifies and screens for the top candidates who can succeed in the industry. I have been very impressed with the caliber of students and the knowledge they have demonstrated during the interview process.”
Director, Duff & Phelps
For More Information about Fisher Futures, Contact