We urge you to start your application process early. Allowing time to fully prepare your application will enable you to devote sufficient resources and thought to each step without rushing yourself or the third-parties who will write your letters of recommendation. Preparing your application is your chance to shine and distinguish yourself among your peers. Devoting time and thought to putting your best foot forward will be well worth your effort.
Your application must be complete by the deadlines to be considered for admission to the Master of Business Logistics Engineering (MBLE) program.
Once our MBLE admissions team receives your complete application, it is scheduled for review by the admissions committee. We will usually be in touch with you within six weeks to let you know our decision. International Applications may take more time. International students are encouraged to complete their application as early as possible to ensure a prompt financial review.
A complete application includes:
- The completed Master of Business Logistics Engineering application on-line form
Application Fee - The application processing fee is payable via credit card upon online application submission.
References - At least three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals that can speak to your potential to be academically successful in the program. You will have the opportunity to ask your references to submit either electronic or paper letters of reference on your behalf when you submit your online application.
Detailed Resume - The admissions committee views work experience as desirable, but not necessary. Undergraduate academic record, reference letters, evidence of leadership experience, and official test scores (GRE, GMAT and TOEFL, if applicable) play a more significant role in a complete application evaluation. You will have the opportunity to upload your resume as an attachment during the online application submission process.
Statement of Purpose - This statement should outline your graduate study goals and plans, career plans, experience, and any special circumstances that need explaining.
- You are required to submit transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. Coursework from one institution reported as transfer credit on another school's transcript does not meet Ohio State's definition of a transcript.
If you have taken courses at The Ohio State University, you do not need to submit transcripts for those grades as the Admissions Office will obtain your Ohio State grades directly from the University Registrar’s Office.
We accept scanned copies of official transcripts for evaluation purposes. Use the online application to upload copies (front and back) of official transcripts from ALL institutions attended where college credit was earned – even if you earned any college credits while in high school. International credentials should include certified educational records and degree certificates or diplomas in the original language with English translations.
- The Ohio State University Graduate School requires cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA for admission to any graduate program at the university. Applicants with cumulative undergraduate GPAs less than 3.0 are subject to review and approval by the Graduate School. The MBLE program recommends cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 at time of application to be minimally competitive.
Standardized Test Scores
- The GMAT or GRE is required of all applicants to the Master of Business Logistics Engineering program.
- The GMAT testing company must send your official score report directly to the Department of Integrated Systems Engineering in order for your application to be considered complete.
- The GMAT Institution Code for the Ohio State University Master of Business Logistics Engineering Program is ZLJ-9D-19
- Your official GRE scores, sent directly from ETS, are required for your application to be considered complete and ready for admission committee review. (The GRE must be no older than five years at time of application.)
- The Ohio State GRE institution code is 1592.
- International applicants must take the TOEFL.
- The TOEFL institution code is 1592.
- The GMAT, GRE and TOEFL can be taken at a variety of locations, including Ohio State. Please contact the following companies directly for further information.