Cynthia W. Turner
Cynthia W. Turner joined the Department of Accounting and MIS in the autumn of 2013 as a senior lecturer of accounting. Cynthia comes to Fisher having served on the faculty of the Department of Accountancy at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for more than 17 years. Most recently, she served as lecturer and associate director of the department’s undergraduate accountancy program. Cynthia has a MA and PhD in accounting from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business and a BS in accounting from North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, NC.
Cynthia taught courses in managerial accounting and auditing at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. As a researcher, Cynthia’s scholarly work has been published in the Journal of Accounting Research and the International Journal of Accounting. Prior to beginning her academic career, she was a practicing accountant at EY. Cynthia is a certified public accountant and member of the American Accounting Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Areas of Expertise
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Diversity Issues in Accounting
- PhD, The Ohio State University
- MA, The Ohio State University
- BS, North Carolina A&T State University
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Residence Halls Advisory Council, The Ohio State University, 2014
- Included (every semester) on List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, University of Illinois, 2006-2009, 2012
- Outstanding Teaching Award for Small Classes, College of Business Council, 2002
AMIS 3600 - Introduction to Accounting Information Systems
The design of accounting information systems; focus is on business processes and internal control.