Applying with a previous OSU graduate degree

If you have already received a graduate degree from The Ohio State University, your application process is a bit different than that of new applicants to the graduate school at Ohio State.  Once you have enrolled as a graduate student at Ohio State in any academic discipline, you technically cannot apply again as a new student.  You are what we fondly refer to as a TGP – a “Transfer of Graduate Program” applicant.

Here is what you need to do to apply:

1) Fill out a TGP form and have it sent to the Graduate Programs Office.

2) Ask your previous academic program for copies of your undergraduate transcripts.  We can access your graduate level coursework.

2) Email your supplemental materials (resume, personal statement, scanned transcripts) to

3) Request to have your GMAT scores to Ohio State (TOEFL scores are not necessary for international applicants who have already completed a graduate degree at Ohio State)

4) Ask your references to email or mail their letters of recommendation to the Graduate Programs Office at 2108 Neil Avenue, 100 Gerlach Hall, Columbus, OH 43210.

Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye!!