Tips for a successful info session experience

As you may know if you are a somewhat frequent reader of this blog, we hold monthly information sessions for the Working Professional MBA (WP MBA) program.  These information sessions are really designed to give you an overview of the MBA program and help you decide whether Fisher and the MBA degree are the right next step in your career development.  The first 30 minutes of the information session include a presentation of the program and the last 30 minutes involve a question and answer discussion with members of the admissions team and current WP MBA students or recent WP MBA graduates.

I know sometimes it is difficult to even know what to ask at these sessions, especially if you are in the very beginning stages of the research process.  So, I thought it would be helpful to provide a list of questions that are often brought up at the sessions to give you a head start on your own brainstorming.  For answers to these questions, attend our next info session!

How many nights per week will I be in class?

How much time will I spend on classwork outside of class?

How long will it take me to graduate?

Can I take classes in other colleges within the university?

Can I specialize in a particular area of business through my coursework?

Can I participate in the same programs and activities as the Full-Time MBA students?

What is the difference between the Full-Time MBA program and the MBA for Working Professionals?

Do I need to take the GMAT to be admitted?

Do I need to send you my transcripts if I attended Ohio State as an undergraduate student?

What kind of financial aid opportunities are available to help me finance my education?

Hope to see you soon!

2 Responses to “Tips for a successful info session experience”

1. 1 Ashish K August 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Thank You for the Information Session on Aug 16th. I was very helpful.

2. 2 Alison August 30, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Thanks for coming! We are glad you enjoyed it!