This post is a follow-up from my previous post on the GMAT waiver policy. It seems that some of you are still confused about how to request the GMAT waiver and how you will find out whether your request has been approved.
Here is the process:
1) Plan ahead: If you are interested in being considered for the GMAT waiver and are not sure whether your request will be granted, give yourself plenty of time (4 weeks BEFORE the posted application deadline).
2) Submit your application form online and send in all of your other supplemental materials (transcripts, resume, personal statement, letters of recommendation and TOEFL, if necessary).
3) Check the box in the application form online that indicates that you are requesting a GMAT waiver.
The admissions committee will review your application without the GMAT and make one of the following decisions:
- Approve the waiver and admit you to the WP MBA program
- Deny the waiver and request that you take the GMAT for further consideration
- Deny the waiver and decline your admission to the WP MBA program
By submitting your application online with the GMAT waiver request, you are giving the admissions committee the authority to make a FINAL decision on your application. If you are not prepared to do so, I recommend that you make an appointment with a member of the recruiting and admissions team first to better assess your eligibility for the waiver.
Hope this helps!