WP MBA info sessions – share your thoughts!

As many of you know from attending our monthly information sessions, we generally hold them on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm.  We always have a strong turnout and it seems that almost every applicant to the WP MBA program has attended an info session (or more) at some point before deciding to apply.  As we are planning to schedule our next set of upcoming info sessions, I thought I would see if any of you have thoughts about the time of day or time of week when we host them.  Would you be able to make a 5:30 pm session, or  would it be too difficult to get out of work and to campus by that time?  Do Wednesday evenings work well for you?  Do you enjoy the opportunity to come to campus, or would you like the option of a webinar/virtual (online) session? Feel free to share your thoughts by commenting on the blog post and we will consider your feedback!

We look forward to seeing you at our next information session!

2 Responses to “WP MBA info sessions – share your thoughts!”

1. 1 Jonathan Giglio January 4, 2011 at 5:18 pm

As an attendee to multiple info sessions, I felt that they were invaluable in making my decision to attend the WPMBA program. For me, even from coming from Downtown Columbus – 6pm would be the earliest I could make it and 6:30pm was even better. It was good to interact with professors and admissions personnel face to face and while I could see the advantage of virtual meetings, in person is always preferred. Living locally in Columbus I would not attend a virtual meeting and would instead make time to attend an evening session.

One final thought on the information sessions. I attended two sessions and did not recall any mention of deadlines for the GMAT waiver other than the application deadline. Had I known the waiver had an earlier submission guideline my application would have been done for Winter quarter.

Thank you,

Jonathan Giglio

2. 2 Alison January 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Jonathan,
    We didn’t start mentioning the GMAT waiver deadlines in the info sessions until recently. They were always posted on the web, but we thought it would be valuable to relay those dates at the info sessions as well. Sorry you didn’t get the information as early as you would have liked. Thanks for your feedback!