We have been getting a lot of questions about transcripts, so I thought this was an opportune time to clarify what we need from you.
Domestic Applicants (U.S.):
You are required to send two official copies of your transcripts to The Ohio State University.
An official transcript is:
- A “physical” transcript that is mailed directly to the Graduate Programs Office from the Registrar of your former or current University.
- Remember to send transcripts from each and every post secondary institution that you attended.
- This includes universities attended during high school, study abroad work, and transcripts previously submitted to Ohio State University as part of a freshman or undergraduate application.
- You do not need to submit a transcript for any coursework you have completed at The Ohio State University.
You are required to send in two official copies of your transcripts in order to receive an official and final admissions decision from The Ohio State University. The Fisher College of Business will review an unofficial copy of your transcript and make a recommended admission decision. You must provide the official copies of your transcripts prior to enrolling at Ohio State/Fisher if you receive a provisional admission decision.
You do not need to submit a transcript for any coursework you have completed at The Ohio State University. If you did attend Ohio State, we DO need transcripts from institutions that you attended prior or during your enrollment at Ohio State.
What constitutes an unofficial copy of your transcripts?
- A PAPER copy of your transcripts sent to us via surface mail.
- Scanned or emailed copies of transcripts cannot be used for a preliminary review of the application.