Interested in learning about career opportunities in the environment and sustainability field from industry leaders? Register now for the Environmental Career Conference on November 4th from 8:30 am – 6 pm right on Ohio State’s campus!
CFAES Fall Career Expo
Tuesday, October 17th
2 pm – 6 pm
2400 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43210
Hosted by the College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences
Open to all Ohio State students – Bring your BuckID to check-in
Review the Student Career Expo Guide and Tips for Success to prepare and find out who’s attending here!
Written by Undergraduate Career Consultant, Jennifer Burns
By this point in the semester you are probably feeling pretty bogged down with midterms, papers, and projects and are really ready for a break. Lucky for you, fall break is almost here!
Fall break is a nice chance to relax and get your mind off of school, but here are some tips and tricks for taking advantage of your time off:
- Interested in learning more about a specific role or company? Set up a job shadow opportunity to learn more about the company or role you are interested in. Using your personal network or LinkedIn is a great way to connect with someone to shadow!
- Want to learn more about a specific career field or path? Conduct an informational interview with someone working in that field to learn more about what they do or the path they took to get there. A great way to connect with professionals willing to help out is to make an AlumniFire profile, a networking community specifically for Ohio State students and alumni!
- Have an interview coming up? Make sure your resume is up to date, refresh your memory on typical interview questions, and brush off your STAR technique skills for behavioral questions so you’re not cramming the night before (interviewing tips can be found here & here).
- Wondering what all the hype over LinkedIn is? Make a professional profile if you haven’t had the chance yet, expand your network by reaching out and connecting with more people, or update your profile with that cool summer internship you had.
- Still not sure what “business professional attire” means? Check out this guide and head over to Polaris or Easton to get a professional suit so you’re prepared for that next interview (tip: JCPenney and Macy’s are great places to check out!)
- Recently received or accepted a full-time or internship offer? Upload it to FCDC (Fisher Career Data Central) and check out salary data to compare your offer to what your peers have been offered.
Make sure to relax and enjoy your fall break, but don’t forget to take advantage of your time off!