Wrap Up

And that’s a wrap!  Just like that, my internship is over and it’s hard to believe school is starting in just a week.  Last week, I had the opportunity to travel to Grand Rapids to present my project to some of the senior leadership team at Meijer!  I spent the past 12 weeks working on improving in stock conditions, and also learning about every aspect of retail.  It was truly rewarding working for a company that is so committed to their team members and communities.  I will never forget this invaluable experience!  I also attended an intern farewell event last Friday, where we had cake and tacos and got to say our goodbyes.  I am sad to be ending my internship at Meijer, but excited for the upcoming school year!  I will be moving into my house on Saturday, so I am starting to get everything ready to go.

Since it’s already August, I wanted to share some tips on finding an internship for the upcoming summer.  I think what’s most important is to start early.  Make a list of companies that you are interested in working for, making sure to note when your application is due or when on campus interviews are.  It can be hard to balance schoolwork with job hunting, but if you stay organized and keep track of application due dates and everything, you won’t feel as overwhelmed.  A great on-campus resource to help with interview skills is becoming QUIC certified.  I recently completed this process and found the mock interview to be incredibly useful.  I was provided much feedback at the end for areas to improve upon and felt more confident having another interview successfully completed.  Wherever your journey takes you, I hope that you find a job you are passionate about at a company you love working for.  I am so thankful for everyone I’ve met this summer and look forward to applying what I’ve learned in my third year at Ohio State.  Thank you for following along on my journey this summer—make it a great school year and GO BUCKS!