Internship Wrap-up

That’s a wrap!

10 weeks gone by in the blink of an eye. Another summer in the books as I prepare to head back to school for my final year at Ohio State. However, there is something a little different about this time, something more special and exciting than years past. This week, I’ll be traveling to Columbus with an offer into the Future Leaders Program at Unilever. Words truly cannot describe the relieving feeling knowing that I will have a job upon graduating at the company I have come to grow so fond of. 10 weeks of learning and applying have led to this and I am extremely proud of the work that I was able to accomplish this summer with the guidance of my team.

As a wrap-up of this summer, I cannot say enough good things about the internship program at Unilever. They do an excellent job of ensuring that you grow as an individual while broadening your business skills, all the meanwhile having a meaningful project. My particular project was the perfect mix of analytics, social, and creative/innovative work, allowing me to gain more exposure to a wide range of skills. The best part about the internship is that you don’t feel like an intern at all. You are truly treated like a full time employee, my opinions and research were not only listened to, but acted upon. I would HIGHLY recommend applying for this internship for all business majors. If you have any questions or would just like to talk about the program in general, feel free to email me (hennig.9)!

So in the end, if there is a lesson to walk away with here from my experience, it would be to take advantage of the opportunities that are in front of you at Fisher. Something that I realized this summer is that opportunities multiply as they are seized. One moment, I was in the Office of Career Management getting my resume revised. The next I was interviewing. Then in fact, I initially didn’t get the internship, but was offered weeks later. Then suddenly I was living in the most fast paced city in the world. Finally, I locked down a full time position. I met incredible people, learned new things, experienced new places and got a taste into the corporate world. Let me tell you, it tastes great. I was amazed at how fast things can develop and change, but Fisher provides all we need to not only adapt in this environment, but to excel and lead the way forward for the future of business.

I really hope you all enjoyed reading my blogs this summer, I had a great time writing them for you! I am happy that I was able to share my experiences with you and hope you were all able to take away something that you can use going forward. Thanks for reading! Signing off one final time.

Your Favorite Future Leader,

Austin Hennig