Perks @ Work!

There are a plethora of “extras” I receive by interning with Cisco. Let’s talk about them!

The Goodies:

On my first day at orientation, all interns were gifted with an embroidered Cisco backpack. This backpack has been extremely useful this summer from carrying my laptop to going on hikes with it. We also received a speaker as well, which is great to have by the pool on weekends or in my room after work. I’ve already accumulated a few t shirts from participating in events, and look forward to adding more to my closet.

Team Meals: Usually a few times a week, I get free lunches or dinner. Sometimes it’s Chipotle catered in for the team for a training we’re having, or sometimes it’s a celebratory meal and drink at the local sports bar after my manager and coworkers have worked a long day. Whichever it is, it’s free, and I’ll certainly never turn that down! Pictured is during our first week, when my manager held a luncheon for the interns to get introduced to the rest of the Advanced Services team.

Intern Activities: Cisco has planned lots of events just for interns. From speaker series, to internal job fairs, to an intern outing at Dave and Buster’s, there’s no excuse to not feel completely at home in Cisco.

Snapchat Takeover: Speaking of Dave and Buster’s, I actually had the chance to take over Cisco’s Snapchat and record this outing. It was a great opportunity for me to use my passion for social media in a way that benefited Cisco as a whole. Plus, it was super fun! Stay up to date with interns this summer and add WeAreCisco on Snapchat by scanning the image below:

Getting Tired?: It’s ok, me too! Working can sometimes be exhausting, and that’s when I head to the first floor of my building to relax in the massage chairs. They are extremely comfy and make for the perfect brief “getaway” if I need a short rest.

Flexibility: Cisco prides itself on its work life balance and our technological capabilities to let anyone work from anywhere. This has been extremely convenient for me when I’ve had 7:00am conference calls, because I can just take it from my apartment. I’ve also taken advantage of this by working from Cisco’s Meraki Office (one of our subsidiaries) in San Francisco for the day to to be able to attend a conference in the city in the evening.

Perks at Work (literally): Cisco has a website with this exact name, that is solely dedicated to bringing deals and discounts to the employees. They have car rental discounts, hotel deals, and (my favorite) reduced price movie tickets. I’ve enjoyed watching the Star Wars movie “Solo”, Jurassic World, and Incredibles this summer.

Do you want to work at Cisco yet? Follow this link to see open positions:

https://jobs.cisco.com

Best,

Alli