Trading Floor Internship-Wells Fargo’s Fixed Income Trading Floor

Hello,                                                                                                                                            My name is Ryan Barry, I am a rising senior majoring in Finance and specializing in Investments. I am an Air Force Vet. and have had 2 internships before this summer.

Summer 2016-Wells Fargo Commercial Banking, Columbus Ohio.      Summer 2017-Barclays Sales and Trading, New York City

This summer I have an internship on Wells Fargo’s Fixed Income Trading floor in Charlotte North Carolina. ( I received an offer from Barclays but could not stand living in NYC so I opted for the same job in a town just like Columbus; Charlotte). Charlotte is absolutely amazing FYI!

To prepare for my internship on the trading floor I refined my skills with excel/modeling and made sure I knew what was going on in the markets. To prepare, I practiced making models and writing macros through VBA in excel all the while reading the WSJ everyday and keeping up to date with everyday moves in the market. If you are interested in working on the trading floor, the classic yelling, fast pace, news driven, “Wall Street” job, then stay tuned and PLEASE reach out to me with any questions. I am more than happy to help anyone prepare for and walk through the process of getting to the trading floor.

More to come next week on my experiences so far and what an internship on the trading floor really entails!!

Feel free to reach out to me any time-text, call, email, etc.

Best,

Ryan Barry

(937) 232-4665

Barry.203@osu.edu