Written by Career Advisor, Lauren Kume
Welcome back Fisher students! All of us at the Office of Career Management hope you had a restful winter break. This winter weather may have you dreaming of your favorite Spring Break destination already—
But before you book your cruise you should consider staying in Ohio for at least one day (just one!) to participate in Fisher’s Undergraduate Job Shadow Program. Why? Here’s are 5 reasons:
- Gain exposure to career fields you are exploring with no strings attached! Want to “try-on” a career for just a day? This is your chance and we do the work behind the scenes to match you to the opportunity.
- Network with potential employers in a no pressure environment. Trying to find a way to build your network in a certain industry or specialization but finding the process a little tedious or awkward? Here’s your opportunity to be handed a professional contact on a silver platter (figuratively speaking of course).
- Observe the professional work environment and learn about company culture. Transitioning to the workplace (adulting) can be hard. This opportunity allows you to work with professionals who can show you the ins and outs of navigating the professional world.
- Get a reality check about your future. We all love a nice reality check every once in a while. Think you know everything about your future plans in the business industry? Sometimes the BEST thing you can do in your career is ultimately experience something that changes your mind or “enlightens” you about a profession.
- Learn about potential opportunities that could result in an internship or job offer. Yes—in just one day you could impress a company enough to start the recruiting process. Talk about a win-win over Spring Break!
Interested in participating? Here are the student participation requirements:
- Must be a first-year through junior undergraduate business student
- Must be available during business hours on the day of shadow
- Must arrange transportation to employer site
Registration opens today via FisherConnect! Visit https://fisher.osu.edu/careers-recruiting/students/undergraduate-students/explore-careers for more information