Written by Career Events Intern, Courtney Russell
Fisher Fall Career Fair 2015
- Discover the company you love won’t hire a freshman or sophomore for their summer internship positions? Find an alumni contact from LinkedIn or the Office of Career Management to help you land a shadowing.
- Even if it won’t help you at this career fair, you still have the Fisher Spring Internship & Job Fair 2016, so make sure you are involved outside your school work. Join a Fisher organization or take a leadership role in which you are already a member.
- Make a great connection with a recruiter? Put that business card you received to use and send an email, write a letter, or make a phone call to follow up on your conversation. Remember to thank them for simply coming to the fair and speaking with you!
- Keep in touch with past professors, your boss from a past summer job or internship, and others that may be able to help you in the future as a reference on an application.
- Make sure your voicemail box on your cell phone is not full. The message should be quick, clear and professional. Hopefully you will get a call to come in for an interview!