How did I land this Super Awesome Internship?

Looking for an internship and applying can be overwhelming for college students, especially if they’ve never done it before. You don’t have to make it so difficult, just utilize the resources you have. A few ways are through FisherConnect, networking, family friends, or within Fisher directly. There are many ways and opportunities to gain experience while school is out of session.
As for me, school is still in session. I knew I needed a part-time internship because I am currently taking summer classes as well, because I’m trying to defy all odds and graduate in four years. One day I got an email from Fisher about some scholarship-based internships. All I had to do was send in my resume to Fisher, then they would relay it to the companies I was interested in.
I heard back from a software company, interviewed, and received an offer. It was that easy. My hesitation on accepting the offer was I wanted to intern at a different company that I hadn’t heard from yet, North High Brewing. So I called North High up and asked about their internship interviewing process. I told them I had 24 hours to take the offer from the software company but would love to work in the craft beer industry. North High told me to come and interview the next morning, only allowing a 10 minute window to decide if they wanted to hire me! As the story plays out, North High Brewing offered me the position, which I was thrilled about!
So if you are looking for an internship over the holidays or for next summer, don’t fear. The Fisher College of Business does a wonderful job to prepare you for interviews and the workplace environment. They also provide you with many resources such as FisherConnect, scholarships, career fairs, and bringing in recruiters. You can also exhaust your own resources and personal networks. If you want something, you can get it if you put in some work. Good luck on your own internship adventures! Hopefully mine is almost done, and the next step is a full-time position come May. Cheers!north high