Halfway Done? Already?!

…..and just like that Week 5 of my internship with Kohl’s Corporate Offices is complete! I am now officially halfway through my summer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and I am wondering where the time has gone. They say time flies when you’re busy, and that couldn’t be more true! Some things I have been up to:

• Learning more and more about Kohl’s buying offices, and what it takes to be a successful merchandise analyst with a Fortune 500 company. The analyst role involves allocating products to the correct locations at the right to time ensure the optimal product assortment when you step in the store.
  • Shadowing each of the roles in the buying office! Like I have said before, my manager is the buyer in the office, so I have gotten to attend some very cool meetings with her, experiencing a little of what her day to day life is like, negotiating with vendors and choosing what she wants to put on the floor in the beauty department at Kohl’s. One of the many great things about Kohl’s is that full-time employees are constantly working hard to produce greatness, as the company has many opportunities to move up in the buying office. This culture keeps everyone excited for a new challenge and constantly innovating.
  • Outside of work, I’ve been experiencing the culture of Milwaukee! I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, I completely underestimated this city. There are so many things to do, whether it be a festival (there is a different one every weekend!), or checking out the beach at night or on the weekend. Summerfest is currently going on, which is the largest music festival in the WORLD! How cool is that?! I’ve been trying to see as many shows as I can, but with hundreds of artists in just two weeks…it’s hard to see them all!
Interns at the Milwaukee Brewers game!
Inside the buying offices at Kohl's Corporate Offices!
Inside the buying offices at Kohl’s Corporate Offices!

So far, my experience with Kohl’s has been amazing. The culture here is unlike any corporate setting I’ve seen, and it’s amazing to be around so many people who are so passionate about the work they are doing. I’m excited to make these next five weeks as great as the first!

One thought on “Halfway Done? Already?!”