The First Week

I am so excited to say I have completed my first week as an L Brands DC Operations Intern!

After one day of Orientation with the other interns in Columbus, I began work in the building where I will be spending the rest of the summer. I met my supervisor and my manager, got a tour of the building, and attempted to learn just a small bit about what I will spend the next 12 weeks doing.

Here are some tips I picked up to make the most of a first week at a new internship.

• Dress the part. Overdress the part. You can always dress down later once you have seen what everyone else wears every day.
  • Get there early. I did this on my first day, got lost, and then managed to make it there semi-on time. Take it from me, and leave earlier than you think you need to. Once you get your routine down, you can start to leave a little later.
  • Take notes. Write down everything. You are going to be inundated with information during the first few weeks. You probably won’t even know what you’re writing down sometimes; just do it.
  • Ask “Why.” This applies to your entire internship. It will help you realize why the company does what it does and helps you think of ways to contribute it during your internship.

One thought on “The First Week”