My Summer Internship with Kohl’s Corporate!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jenny Bresnahan, and I just finished up my junior year at the Fisher College of Business as a marketing student. This summer, I will be a Merchandise Analyst Intern with the Kohl’s Corporate Offices in Milwaukee, Wisconsin! I am really excited to be taking on this new adventure and to get to share my experiences with you!

A little more about me: I am on the dance team here at OSU, I love big cities, and I have always had a passion for fashion (didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but it works). All of these were reasons why I wanted to try something new this summer, so I began applying for internships across the country. Surprisingly, Kohl’s was the last one I thought I would end up choosing. I had never been to Milwaukee before I flew there for the final round interview, and honestly went thinking, “Well, this will be a fun place to visit for free for two days”. However, I was so surprised, not only at how beautiful the corporate offices were, but the city itself was much bigger and lively than I had pictured. Not to mention, it sits right on the coast of Lake Michigan, which creates the perfect blend of beach and city.

Here's a picture I took of Lake Michigan on my flight back to Columbus!
Here’s a picture I took of Lake Michigan on my flight back to Columbus!

As far as my actual job goes (I guess I do have to actually work during my down time from exploring the city…), I will be interning with the beauty department! I am really excited about this, because, I mean, what girl’s dream job isn’t to work with makeup all day?! Well, I guess that’s not exactly what I’ll be doing, but I will be working alongside a buyer in the beauty department, talking with different vendors on a daily basis. Kohl’s works with several different brands including DKNY, Burberry, and Vera Wang, so I will be learning to communicate with them to decide which products to put on our shelves. Kohl’s also recently developed their own makeup line, Bliss, which I will be working on! I couldn’t be more excited to learn this summer about something I am so passionate about.

I am excited to share with you all everything I am doing this summer! My hope is that after these ten weeks are over, I will be equipped to enter into a career in this field with confidence and knowledge gained from my internship with Kohl’s!

1 thought on “My Summer Internship with Kohl’s Corporate!”

1. Hi Jennifer,
    I was just wondering how you went about getting your internship. I am very interested in working with Kohl’s, but don’t know exactly how to go about it.
    Thank you,
    Lindsey