From Nashville to Columbus… The End.

Nashville, TN Skyline

Wow! As I look back at my internship at Crowd Surf, LLC in Nashville, I realize how much I was able to learn, the influential people I was able to meet, and the fun times I was able to have. I interned for a total of 12 weeks and I can honestly say I have developed so much as a professional and as a person. I will start off by reiterating what the company specialized in and what my responsibilities were. Crowd Surf, LLC is a social media marketing firm that also offers management, publicity, and web design services just to name a few. I ended up being one of only six interns, with each of us being placed on separate teams. Each team was made up of a project manager, content coordinator, and an intern, and was assigned approximately six to eight of the company’s clients to manage. As an intern I was responsible for tracking the three month growth of our clients’ various accounts, assisting in the creation of bi-weekly reports, and helping develop content for new marketing campaigns.

During my last few weeks, I made sure to schedule an end of the summer review meeting to get honest feedback on my overall performance and get pointers on how I can improve going forward from this experience. My manager told me that I brought positive energy into the work place, and that I performed all tasks given to me successfully and in a timely fashion. My manager’s ways I could improve were to utilize my resources (Google, Yahoo, & Bing) before asking questions about a given assignment and to never feel anxious about asking your manager for more work. Learning to not only accept, but grow from criticism is a very important skill and I am grateful I had the opportunity to develop myself in such a supportive environment.

My experience at Crowd Surf, LLC was absolutely a positive experience because of the incredible work culture, the kindness of my coworkers, and the location being in such a vibrant city like Nashville, TN. Even though I realized social media marketing is not something I am passionate about, I was able to acquire a set of valuable skills that will prove useful in today’s heavily digital marketing industry. I plan to take away from this experience meaningful friendships with people in the entertainment industry, a better understanding of what I want to do after college, and incredible memories that will last a lifetime.

Now it’s your turn to GO BEYOND by interning at the company of your dreams, and sharing your experience with the rest of our driven, diligent and diverse Fisher Community! 🙂