Crafting My Career

Hi Fisher Family!

My name is Lindsay Bodenhoff and I just finished up my junior year as a Marketing and Logistics major. I’m originally from Olmsted Falls, Ohio and I’m excited to head back to the Cleveland area for summer. I am thrilled to begin my summer internship with Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, Inc. as a Business Intelligence and Analysis intern in Hudson, Ohio (Akron area).

I decided to pursue an internship with Jo-Ann Fabrics because it offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and creative environment. Furthermore, it is the nation’s largest specialty retailer of fabrics and one the largest specialty retailers of crafts. Lastly, their internship program was voted the best large company internship program in Northeast Ohio. Needless to say, my decision was made as soon as I was extended an offer in December!

I want to get as much learning and professional experience as I can from this internship, but my major goals for the summer includes:

1. Learn about the different functional areas of business. I want to gain exposure to the different areas like HR and Finance.
  2. Grow professionally and network with the people around me!
  3. Learn more about corporate retail and see if this is a potential future career path.
  4. Become craftier! I had five interviews with Jo-Ann before my offer and in every one they asked about my experience with crafting and their products. I’m really hoping to move past the finger painting point in my life and into more advanced crafts.

I am excited to find out what this internship has in store! They have already sent me calendar of events for June-August, so I’ll have a lot to post about after my June 2nd start date!

Blog Post 1