Cincinnati to Columbus to Crowd Surf, LLC!

My home for the next 12 weeks! #Adventures2Come

My home for the next 12 weeks!

Hello everyone! :)

I’ll start off by telling you the slightly complicated, but entirely enjoyable story of how I got this exciting opportunity to intern at Crowd Surf, LLC in Nashville, TN. It all started after I transferred to the Cincinnati School for Creative and Performing Arts, and auditioned for the Musical Theater program led by Drew and Lea Lachey. Once accepted into this program, they required that participants attend an annual, week-long summer intensive put on by Lachey Arts in order to learn some of the upcoming year’s signature numbers and choreography combinations. The summer following my high school graduation I was hired as a student worker to assist with camp operations, provide needed support for the high-caliber instructors, and stage manage the final showcase.

As a worker, I was invited to the after-party which was thrown to celebrate the showcase’s success and allow the Lacheys to catch up with old friends from the entertainment industry. While there I found myself speaking with a woman named Jade for 20 minutes about her journey thus far, her accomplishments, and my own personal aspirations. At the conclusion of our talk she said to me, “If you are ever looking for an internship, definitely reach out and I’d be glad to set something up for you at one of Crowd Surf’s offices.” After my first semester at Ohio State, I reached out to her and found out there were two office locations: Los Angeles, CA and Nashville, TN. I decided on Nashville because it was less expensive and not as far from home as CALIFORNIA! Maybe next summer though… :-)

Crowd Surf, LLC. is a company that provides a variety of services to its clients including social media strategy consulting, digital brand development, and innovative online marketing. Monday, May 12th, was my first day! I will tell you more about my experiences in future posts but what I will tell you now is that my coworkers are absolutely amazing, I already have a special project I get to work on, I met Jamie Lynn Spears on my first day, and that my apartment is quite literally perfect!

I promise my next posts will not be this lengthy!

-MAI