Vaishali Thirwani @ General Mills

Vaishali ThirwaniI am a third year majoring in Logistics and Finance, and minoring in Spanish.  This summer (2009) I will be interning with General Mills as a Logistics Management Associate (LMA) Intern!  For this, I will be interning out of a plant location in Covington, Georgia.  I networked with General Mills associates at the TLA Career Fair in the Fall of 2008 and dropped my resume [in] Fisher Connect, which led to my first interview here in Columbus.  I was then flown out to Minnesota to their HQs for a second round after which I was offered the position for the summer.

I am looking forward to being in a new city, learning about the company, the position, working [in] a plant and also seeing what other kind of people I will be interacting with [and] if I am able and choose to work with them in the future.  Of all of these things I am looking forward to; [simultaneously] I am a little anxious of being in a smaller place working at a plant.  I am also curious to find out the living culture of the south and the kind of people I will meet!

To share my learning – including the joys and glitches – will make me enjoy this experience more.  I can look back and see my growth over the course of my ten weeks interning.  I think a lot can be learned from the doings of others, and I would like to be the source of this learning.  For this reason, I am looking forward to blogging.

2 thoughts on “Vaishali Thirwani @ General Mills”

1. Dear Vaishali…..I work for one of the largest logistics groups in the country for material handling and storage equipment systems. We handle some of the largest food companies in the US. I would really love an opportunity to work on projects with you for the new General Mills facility project in Georgia. I represent Unarco and Steel King pallet rack mfgs, Hytrol, Mannesman, Rytec and many more. Can you please call me? (303) 286-7000