To save you the trouble of skimming the headlines, here are some developments featuring our member companies:
- Member ABB Inc. has installed its first charger for electric vehicles in the U.S. The new Terra 51 DC fast charger reduces the time needed to get an electric vehicle fully stocked with power to as little as 15 minutes from a whopping eight hours.
- Capital One secured anOK from zoning officials in its Virginia hometown for a massive expansion of its corporate headquarters. The effort is more than just a make-way for cubicles – it’s described as a live-work blend that’s aimed at transforming the entire town of Tysons Corner.
- Former Greif Inc. CEO and Executive Chairman Michael Gasser has been appointed by Ohio Gov. John Kasich to the board of Ohio State University. Gasser, with Delaware-based Greif for more than 30 years, joins a group of major business and community leaders that make up the OSU board.
- Akron-based Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has debuted new self-inflating tire technology that could aid in fuel savings and greenhouse-gas reductions. This innovation came from the company’s headquarters and could be headed toward a fleet trial next year.
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. has dedicated a new “green” campus in the San Antonio area. The site houses about 1,500 employees and has room to grow by 500.