Take these steps towards your future!
If you are beginning to think about applying to MAcc programs this fall, there are a number of things you can work on this summer to get ready:
1) Begin your research on programs to determine which one is going to be the best fit for you (hopefully it is Fisher!). Visit the program websites, read the admissions blogs (great job!), read the current student blogs to get a sense of what life is like as a student at Fisher. Learn about opportunities to visit campus or connect with members of the admissions staff.
2) Prepare for the GMAT exam. Visit gmat.com for all of the information you could possibly want to learn about the test, study guides, resources and free, downloadable, full length practice tests. Most schools will look at your highest score, but ideally you only have to take the test once at $250 per attempt! (In other words, you have an economic incentive to score well on your first attempt.)
3) Think about who will serve as your references. Many MAcc programs now use electronic reference forms. By the time your reference receives the link to complete the reference form and upload the letter of support, he/she should already know what to expect and be prepared to complete the process. If you are still in school (e.g. entering your senior year), academic references (e.g. professors, etc.) carry the most weight in the Fisher MAcc admission decision review process.
4) Request transcripts from your undergraduate institution(s) early. Sometimes it takes awhile for those transcripts to arrive, so don’t wait until the last minute. You need to send us two official transcripts, issued directly by your university’s registrar office. We need two official transcripts from each college/university attended. And it is very OK to send those transcripts to us prior to you submitting your application. (The address to which your transcripts need to be sent is MACC ADMISSIONS; 100 Gerlach Hall; 2108 Neil Ave; Columbus OH; 43210-1144.)
5) Begin thinking about your essays. Our essay questions are posted online so you can review them before you even begin an application. The essays will really give you a chance to highlight elements of your personality, personal accomplishments, interesting aspects of your background and experience, etc. – they give you the best chance to differentiate yourself, so spend some time thinking about how you want to be perceived by the admissions committee.
Click here for a complete list of things to prepare for if you are applying to the Fisher MAcc program for autumn 2012.
Our application for Autumn 2012 should be available as of August 1, 2011. In the meantime, please click here to be added to our database and to request more information about Fisher.