The list of required items for a complete MAcc application is posted here. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your application to this program:
1) Assume test scores (e.g. GMAT, TOEFL, etc.) will take longer to arrive here than you expect.
GMAT scores: Generally speaking, it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the official GMAT scores to arrive in our office from the time you sit for the exam. If you have already sat for the GMAT awhile ago and are requesting your scores to be sent to us, it usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for this to occur.
TOEFL scores: The official scores always take a long time to arrive. I have seen instances where it can take months for official TOEFL scores to arrive here. To avoid any delays, follow this advice: Be sure to use the exact same name on your application as you indicated on the TOEFL. The most common cause for score delay is when your name on the TOEFL does not match up with the name on your application. The difference between the two names could be something as simple as transposed names (e.g. Chabot Robert on the TOEFL and Robert Chabot on the application). Be sure your names on each item match up exactly.
2) Identify and talk to your references now. Give them plenty of time to prepare your letters of reference.
REFERENCES: You are welcome to submit more than three references if you wish – just note that any references beyond the three references you list in the application must use the reference paper form.
3) Determine how you wish to get your transcripts to us and be sure you have all universities/colleges accounted for.
TRANSCRIPTS: i) You need to get one transcript from each university/college you have ever attended and earned college-level credit. ii) You have two options to get transcripts to us. You may either submit one official transcript from each university (e.g. you request each university to send us an official copy) or you may scan/email us an official copy of your transcripts. If you choose to scan/email the transcripts to us, please note you must scan both sides of each transcript page.
4) Prepare your essay responses ahead of time – give yourself plenty of time to write good responses to each essay question.
ESSAYS: You will upload your essay responses as either WORD or PDF documents. There is no reason you should submit your first draft responses to each essay question. Ask a friend to proofread it for you. Check grammar and spelling. Treat your essays like you would treat a resume you are preparing for a job interview.
5) Submit the unabridged version of your resume.
RESUME: It is very acceptable to submit a resume longer than one page. If it is relevant information, we want to know about it.
6) Be aware of deadlines. Be sure to submit all required materials to us so that they arrive in our office by the applicable deadline.
DEADLINES: Do not contact my office the day before a deadline and ask “Is it OK if I submit a partial application and get the rest of it to you after the deadline?” The answer is “Any application completed after a deadline will be placed in the next deadline pool.” In other words, if you submit an incomplete application by Deadline 1 but your application is not complete until after Deadline 1 but before Deadline 2, we will consider your application complete by Deadline 2, not by Deadline 1.
7) Ensure the contact information in your application is accurate when you submit your application.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For most routine and important communications, my office will attempt to contact you via email. Be sure the email address you list in your application is accurate/correct and is an email address you check regularly.
8) Are you an international applicant? Please be aware of the 3rd party transcript evaluation requirement. And be aware it can take 6 weeks to complete this process.
COURSE BY COURSE EVALUATION: Applicants who earned or are in process of earning degrees from universities outside of the United States must also have a course-by-course evaluation of their transcripts by an approved credential evaluator and have that report sent to our admissions office. Currently, the Fisher MAcc program accepts credential evaluations from ECE or WES. This process can take six weeks to complete.
I will post additional advice throughout the upcoming admissions cycle. Please check back here throughout the next few months as you prepare to submit your MAcc application!